X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Fall drive

It was such a beautiful Fall day, I had to drive them both!
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

NICE !

but - How'd you do dat.....are you twins?

Eric
    registry 5347

Comment

Very nice!
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Yeah, Robin & I went to a Cruise Night at our local A&W Rootbeer stand. Perfect weather.

While we were enjoying the food and the company, a stranger approached and talked my ear off about Y-Blocks. He was dumbstricken when I showed him the 292 powering the Galaxie. I guess he hasn't seen one running in decades.

Joe, your cars are perfect for cruisin'. Come to Detroit. - Dave
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• scumdog
          Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Well it's not fall here in NZ - it's spring!

so tomorrow Mrs Scumdog and I are off for a ride on our Harleys to a place called Clyde - Google it and have a look, a great place to ride to with some pals and spend the night.
          A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            Yeah, Robin & I went to a Cruise Night at our local A&W Rootbeer stand. Perfect weather.

While we were enjoying the food and the company, a stranger approached and talked my ear off about Y-Blocks. He was dumbstricken when I showed him the 292 powering the Galaxie. I guess he hasn't seen one running in decades.

Joe, your cars are perfect for cruisin'. Come to Detroit. - Dave
            Hey Dave, his name was not Richard was it
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

Look at all those "Birds" in the trees!"

Beatiful photo AND cars !!

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fall drive

Here is what Joe had to say about his '63 Sports Roadster Tbird and his '57 Babybird.

"The 63 is a genuine SR and was placed on the SR Society's list many years ago by a previous owner. Both are truly rust free cars with original sheet metal. I have modified some of the mechanicals of the 57, but the 63 is highly original and still retains the original "Ford logo" brake pressure switch, most of the woven cotton wire covering under the hood, and uncut wiring through-out. The 63 hasn't been driven in the rain for nearly 30 years, and the 57 only once since 1972 when I drove it home in 1984!"

Joe, do you have both the Tbirds registered in John Rotella's Tbird Registry? Just wondering. www.tbirdregistry.com

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• 1oldkid
                  Apprentice
                  • Oct 5 2011

Beautiful Cars Joe. It's always nice to see people who actually drive/enjoy their cars as they were intended. I can understand the desire to trailer cars places after all the blood sweat and dollars that can get poured into them but I prefer the thrill and joy of driving a classic.

Think I'll go out and take mine out now. See what you've started!

Comment

• YellowRose
                    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fall drive

Hi Dan! Thank you very much for your financial support of the Forum. It is much appreciated. I just processed your Paid Membership and I see the Member icon by your name now. If you would like to post general pix of your Tbird, start a new thread and post away. If you have technical pix you would like to post, please post them in the Flairbirds Forum.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Jimz Bird
                      Experienced
                      • Feb 3 2011

Def an outstanding pic. A classic in and of itself.

Notice that neither car has any dust on it. That's cause all the roads in Oh10 are paved.
                      Jim
                      Jimz Greenie with a White Hat and Brown Guts (ZE-XG)
                      sigpic

CLICK HERE for Jimz web site

Comment

• Joe Johnston
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Dec 23 2008

Thanks everyone for the support!

Yes I do drive them both and have to say their personalities are as different as their looks. I do not do engine or trans work, but have done paint and body work since the late 60's. I have repainted the 57 twice since 84, the second time being this past Spring. Next year it will get its final buffing and polish.

Keeping them clean is not much of a problem, (since all the roads in Ohio are paved!) but I very seldom wash either car. However, I try to weekly use a spray detailer to remove any dust and keep as much moisture as possible out of the shop.

Thanks again - will post more pictures when my membership gets approved.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎