X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1965TbirdMan
    Apprentice
    • Mar 17 2010

Trunk mechanism

I was replacing the trunk lock cover and had to remove the whole system because the original hinges for the cover are pressed in so had to punch them out. But anyways while removing the lock mechanism the spring the returns the bottom hook that secures the trunk cane loose. Now the mechanism won't work because I don't know where the spring hooks into. I couldn't see any recess for the spring like there is for the top spring. So any help would be appreciated
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

When I get back from vacation I'll see if I can post some pictures of my working piece.

Comment

• arizonajack
      Experienced
      • Oct 15 2013

This is a picture from my Shop Manual. The Parts Manual shows the same picture for 65 and 66. Hope it helps.
      Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Sorry for the delay- I plum forgot about this.

Here's pictures of mine. The second photo is the left side of the spring; the end is perpendicular to and below the shaft, acts on the cover. The third photo is the right side; the end is parallel to the shaft and acts on the bracket that is screwed to the base.
        Attached Files

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

As an aside, does anyone know where I can get the grommet pictured in post 3? That would finish off this area of my restoration.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎