No announcement yet.

Licence Plates

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Licence Plates

Following on from a thread in the 58-60 section Restifier52 was showing his SQRBIRD plate

Who else has custom plates on their cars?

Here's a few of mine
    Attached Files
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Licence Plates

My Rose does!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

Both of my Thunderbirds do. They are R GO and AR GO respectively. For those of you in America you would not understand these plates, as they relate to an old puppet show that was on tv called The Thunderbirds. The catch cry was, "Thunderbirds are go" hence my plates. Many a head scratching at car shows trying to figure it out, turns into that light bulb moment when they do.

Those of you who did know the show, have also worked out my user name as well....Lady Penelope was the female star of the show, and as I have named my '60 Penelope, that did me for a handle.
      sigpicBill
      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• dgs
        Super-Experienced
        • Feb 13 2003

I don't have custom plate, but I do have vintage Ohio plates from 1960:

These plates are mint and original. I was told they were used in 1960 on someone's summer car and have never seen winter. Best looking part on my car!

I also bought my Dad vintage plates for his 1956 Thunderbird and 1957 Eldorado. I got them from the same seller, so both of his cars have the same plate number. I had to sand blast and repaint them, however, they were pretty rough.
        DGS (aka salguod)
        1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
        www.salguod.net

Comment

• RustyNCa
          Super-Experienced
          • May 31 2007

Hmm, Not custom, but I think these are cool plates on a couple of our cars

These are the original plates and dealer trim on the car.

Just a very cool 1929 plate on our 29 Coupe.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎