• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stubbie
    Experienced
    • Jul 7 2011

6 Cylinder Barra Ford

Here is an Australian built 6 cylinder that might work in a Tbird
    The Ford Barra turbo 6 ( 240T) first appeared in the Australian Falcon XR6 turbo back in 2002. Now 15 years on, the production of this iconic 4L six cylinder...
  • Wyldie
    Apprentice
    • Dec 22 2016

Very random, when my Thunderbird arrives next month fingers crossed I was thinking if the engine is completely stuffed I might through a 5.4l boss motor in it. There not that expensive and could be a bit different.

Thing is there isn't many V8 falcons around compared to say a commodore (Pontiac G8 for those of you in US) with LS* V8s in them.

Turns out after talking with the head ford technical trainer, most people opt for straight 6 turbo motor over the 8 as it makes more low down torque, drives better and is cheaper. Thats why there aren't many 8s. So I started thinking Barra straight 6 turbo. But I think if push comes to shove I couldn't put a 6 in. Just wrong on so many different levels ��

Comment

• stubbie
      Experienced
      • Jul 7 2011

Yes that's what I thought. A 6 in place of my v8. But you got to admit it has the HP and the Torque. The problem with the new Ford V8's is that they are way to wide. An LS1 (bite my tongue) may be narrower.

Comment

• Wyldie
        Apprentice
        • Dec 22 2016

Chev motor in a ford! I'd sooner go the 6!

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎