X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Belt Line Weatherstrip

The long outer pieces, the fuzzy stuff is not the entire length. There's only a short length on one end. Does it go at the front or the rear?
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Normally the part without the fuzz goes between the door and the vent window.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Thanks John. That way the fuzz cleans the glass at the mirror?

Comment

• stubbie
        Experienced
        • Jul 7 2011

The outside piece should have a slight kink in it were it goes around the qtr window.

Comment

• Yadkin
          Banned
          • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by stubbie
          The outside piece should have a slight kink in it were it goes around the qtr window.
          The rear. It does.

Comment

• Yadkin
            Banned
            • Aug 11 2012

Here is the front, which is the original piece and is just a piece of stainless with the top edge rolled. It has a slight upward curve to match the door. This door has been extensively worked due to rust damage and its new curve is now flatter than the trim, so I cut slots for stress relief and drilled more holes for up to five screws instead of the original two. I only needed four screws to hold it in place.

According to the install manual this piece, that is if the numerical sequence means anything, goes on after the vent window and main window assemblies. I don't see how. The manual calls it a "filler". It seems to me that there should be a strip of rubber between the stainless and the fixed aluminum frame to seal it. I'm tempted to pull out the caulk gun and squeeze out some black polyurethane.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎