New South Wales State Thunderbird Titles

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Guys

Julia and I just attended the NSW State Thunderbird Titles held at a coastal town called Old Bar about 200 miles north of Sydney.

It was a great weekend and the weather was perfect. About 18 cars were on show. Interestingly, no there were Squarebirds present. They are much less common than the other Birds downunder. From what I can tell, you mostly see Baby Birds or Flairbirds in OZ. As it happened there were 3 red 61 convertibles although one was a modified right hand drive car with Mazda seats and no exposed wiring in the engine bay. TBirds from 1955 to 1971 as well as one modern bird were represented.

The Thunderbird Owners Club are a great bunch of people and they go out of their way to be helpful. Unfortunately I have had need of their assistance.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Attached Files
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Thanks for posting the pix, Mark! Thanks for the one showing you and Julia! After so much correspondence between us, it is always nice to see what our members look like! The car looks gorgeous and I am sure you will find out what that leak is and get it fixed. As was said in another post, it could be something quite simple and I hope it is.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• tbird430
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 18 2007

Your Bird looks great out there. Thanks for sharing these pics too. Three (3) 1961 T-Birds huh?? That is odd/rare. Did they all have the correct '61 hood still on them??

-Jon in TX.
      sigpic
      The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

I'm just going to have to find some nice used Kelsey Hayes wire wheels (or win the lottery and buy some of the new ones).

Super nice....

Eric

Comment

Yes, they Kelsey Hayes really dress up a bird.

As to the 61's, all of the cars had original hoods. It's strange that even though this model is relatively rare, there appear to be quite a few 61 coupes and ragtops downunder. Maybe that's why they are rare in the US???

Cheers

Mark

Comment

• tbird430
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 18 2007

HAHA!!! You might be on to something there Mark!!

-Jon in TX.
            sigpic
            The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎