X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Scumdog's New Wheels

From the Land Of The Long White Cloud comes this information and picture from Tom ~ scumdog. This is a picture of the new wheels he bought for his ’66 T-bird. He says he likes the look of the new wheels. Here is the picture he sent with a nice background.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; December 10, 2014, 11:15 AM.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Thanks to Ray and Yellowbird I got that pic onto here! (I'm not flash at getting pics onto any internet site!)

Those wheels are 7" X 15" 'Performance' brand, made in Aussie, they are copies of the old Mini-lite wheels from the UK.

At the front they just clear the top suspension arm and more importantly, the also just clear those big calipers that are the bug-bear for anybody wanting to fit custom wheels to a '66 'bird.

And the rears clear the fender-skirts quite nicely.

I got the mags off a guy in Auckland (other end of the country) who bought a '66 that had them already fitted.

He replaced them with steel rims and chrome wheel-nuts, go figure!

Anyway, I reckon the old girl looks as 'flash as a rat with a gold tooth' with those new 'shoes'!!

(Any more blingy and she'd look like a tart is my thought.)
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Yellowbird
      Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Debbie and I had the privilege of being able to ride in this Thunderbird while visiting Tom and his wife Chris. When they picked us up at the airport in Dunedin, there were quite a few admirers looking at the car as they passed. It cruised like a dream on the road. The wheels give it a pretty cool look. Not too wild, but a nice subtle change. I like the look.

Leonard
      sigpic

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Leonard now that is way too cool having a TBird as a limo Not too mention that you got to meet a member of our site while on your visit That is why I always say, this is the best TBird site on the planet
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

She looks very nice Tom. A pity you're down the South Island as I could be going to Napier for the Festival in February.
          I was there 5 years ago & I thought it was Magic.
          Hope you have a trouble free run with her.

Chris....From OZ.

Comment

• Yellowbird
            Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Yes, it was pretty cool Dan. I really enjoyed the part of steering and driving on the left side of the road and having Tom ask if it was ok to pass another car!!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎