X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lawyercalif
    Experienced
    • May 12 2011

Birds of a Feather

Some of you may not know it but I am also a pilot. I took "Betty Mae" to the Hemet Airport today to have lunch with some friends. I took these shots that I call "Birds of a Feather"
    Attached Files
  • keith
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 13 2010

Cool picture. Need to blow it up for a poster in your garage.
    Keith
    Sedalia, Mo.
    sigpic
    CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Birds of a Feather

Hi Daniel! Yes, those are two cool pix! She is such a beautiful looking Bird! I get a lot of nice comments when people see Rose next to my friends airplane. Really neat!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Deblib
        Apprentice
        • Apr 30 2012

Birds of a Feather

Love the pics!! My first "car" - 1957 International truck was that baby blue color. No power steering, non working gas gauge, vacuum wipers. I was happy to have wheels though. Saved money and sold "Blue Bell" off to buy a 66 Ford Mustang. My first Ford. Lol.
        Debbie #38435

Comment

• Dan Leavens
          Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Daniel that really is a " cool " picture at the airport. I agree that you should get it blown up ( depending on the pixel count ) for a poster. Ray, I presume you have sent a PM to Daniel for our upcoming squarebird calendar???
          Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
          Thunderbird Registry
          58HT #33317
          60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• newyear
            Experienced
            • Jan 4 2005

Daniel
            Hi-I was wondering if you flew the North American T-6 Texan in the background.My father trained on these in Canada during WW11 so I would love to print the picture off to give to him if you dont mind
            Regards
            Peter

Comment

• simplyconnected
              Administrator
              • May 26 2009

Betty Mae sure does look sweet, Daniel. The AT-6 is always a highlight at all the air shows. Last time I saw a good formation was at Kitty Hawk (in Dare County), Dec 12, 2003 at the Wright Bros. centennial. The week leading up to and the air show was fantastic, but the reenactment of the Wright Flyer was a miserable failure.

Dan, I think you and Marcelo have started something with the wiiiide whitewalls. The more I see them the better they look. - Dave Dare
              Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
              --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• lawyercalif
                Experienced
                • May 12 2011

Originally posted by newyear
                Daniel
                Hi-I was wondering if you flew the North American T-6 Texan in the background.My father trained on these in Canada during WW11 so I would love to print the picture off to give to him if you dont mind
                Regards
                Peter
                No Peter, unfortunately the T-6 is not mine. I fly Cessna 182's with the Civil Air Patrol and sport planes such as the Gobash, Remos and Cessna Skycatcher for fun. I would be happy if you would share the picture with your father. WWII veterans are my heros, none of us would have the lives we enjoy today if they had not made the sacrifices they did.

Comment

• YellowRose
                  Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Birds of a Feather

Hi Dano! Yup, I have already been bugging Daniel about pix for the 2013 Squarebirds Calendar. Now I need some good pix of Betty Mae and those airplanes!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                  The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                  Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                  Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                  https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• lawyercalif
                    Experienced
                    • May 12 2011

My friend took a lot of picutres yesterday with a very good camera of Betty Mae and the Airplanes. I should have them in a few days, I will review them and send you the best.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎