X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yadkin
    Banned
    • Aug 11 2012

Custom laser cut plates

For months I've been trying to figure out the best way to cover the unsightly hood pin area of my car, and this is what I came up with.

I found an online vendor that does custom laser cutting plate in either type 304 or 316 stainless steel. Your choice of thickness: 1, 1.5. 2 or 3mm. Also laser engraving if you want that. The cost is based on the material, the area of the rectangle that encompasses your piece, plus the total length of cut. You supply a CAD drawing in .dwg format, drawn in millimeters, or as a PDF with one line length scaled.
    Attached Files
  • OX1
    Super-Experienced
    • Feb 10 2016

Pretty cool. Who was the vendor and what did it cost, if
    you don't mind me asking............

Originally posted by Yadkin
    For months I've been trying to figure out the best way to cover the unsightly hood pin area of my car, and this is what I came up with.

I found an online vendor that does custom laser cutting plate in either type 304 or 316 stainless steel. Your choice of thickness: 1, 1.5. 2 or 3mm. Also laser engraving if you want that. The cost is based on the material, the area of the rectangle that encompasses your piece, plus the total length of cut. You supply a CAD drawing in .dwg format, drawn in millimeters, or as a PDF with one line length scaled.
    59-430-HT

Comment

• Dan Leavens
      Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Steve that looks pretty slick, nice touch
      Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
      Thunderbird Registry
      58HT #33317
      60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Yadkin
        Banned
        • Aug 11 2012

Originally posted by OX1
        Pretty cool. Who was the vendor and what did it cost, if
        you don't mind me asking............
        Here's the vendor:

They are located in Greece (Europe). That's the only drawback, since the slow-mail and possibly customs delay took over three weeks. Together with their processing, the item arrived 33 days after I ordered it.

Cost for that plate was less than $25, including shipping. 1.5 mm Type 304 stainless. They mailed it to me 1st class mail with 3.80 Euro stamps.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎