Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nocontrol
    • Feb 10 2011

Can't imagine what this is

plug/wires connect to something that looks factory and is located in the right rear floorpan at the bottom of the driveshaft hump of my 62 coupe. Anyone got a clue? I'm curious but not enough to take out the carpet to find out. I have some pics but I'm having trouble trying to attach them. Wires are underneath car and the button goes through floor pan and can be seen inside by lifting carpet.

Here is what else Steve said. Any idea what the heck this is? The plug might be broken off of the part that goes through the floor. Here are the pix he sent me.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; June 24, 2014, 10:32 PM. Reason: Added pix for Steve
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Can't imagine what this is

Steven, if you are having problems posting pix, you should not be, since you are a Paid Member. Either call me on the phone and I can talk you through this, or email them to me and I can post them for you. I would prefer the former though, and not the latter, so I can help you figure out why you cannot post pix. 210-674-5781 and I am at the computer now...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

You got me at the part where you said it goes through the floor pan. I could possibly 'see' where the hook is a break-away before installation, but that would not go through a floor pan.

At first I speculated, this is used to hang the carpet (like on a wire clothes line). That cannot be right because carpeting comes stacked (flat) on long pallets, according to color. Sometimes workers would stretch out on one and have their lunch.

I'm asking: Did Squarebird carpet come in a lot of pieces or were they all attached? The stuff I'm used to seeing has like a plastic backing (w/padding) which bends then sets when heated in a 'forming' mold. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎