• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • flyinthermals
    Experienced
    • Apr 3 2013

Vacuum Mystery

Hello All,

While trimming the radio I noticed some vacuum lines unhooked in the center of the dash. Can anyone remember where they might go. This view is looking through the dash cutout where the radio goes into. There is a single line, a tee connection and a vacuum switch at the top. I have not noticed any poor performance issues recently. Actually I have not driven the car enough to notice any poor performance issues that could be vacuum based. Thank you to all that offer any ideas and solutions.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; July 3, 2014, 09:05 PM. Reason: Downsize pic-keep pix to 800x600 or less
    sigpic1999.jpg
  • Rangoon
    • Jun 27 2013

If you are determined to find the correct vacuum hose routing,the best diagram that I have found is on page 56 of the "1962 T-Bird Electrical assembly Manual". This diagrams the heater and AC installation and vacuum hose routing under the dash. I found it by doing a google search, but my copy is barely readable.

Hope this helps.

Comment

• flyinthermals
      Experienced
      • Apr 3 2013

I am looking through the manual now and thats a good diagram. I think Iv'e found a piece of the puzzle. Thank you for the info. I guess I should plug some of the unhooked lines up with the engine running to see if they change the engine RPM before I start connecting them. They may not be hooked up to anything on the other end. The engine seems to be running fine right now but seeing the hoses not connected to anything made me nervous.

Cheers
      sigpic1999.jpg

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎